top of page

General FAQ 

Below is a list of questions that we frequently get asked in our office. If you are not seeing the information you seek, please feel free to call us any time during our regular business hours, or send us a message through our contact page and we will be happy to assist you. 

pain-free dentistry

Q: What are my financing options at Lone Peak Dental?


A: Our office policy is to collect your estimated portion at the time that your services are rendered. Click here to see alternative financing options. 

If you are without insurance, you may also consider our Peak Plan as an affordable alternative. It's a great way to get the same quality dental care you expect from Lone Peak Dental, but without the overwhelm of out of pocket expenses. The Peak Plan is available to our patients at anytime throughout the year. See more details here.

Q: What is the best way to cosmetically improve my smile?


A: Each smile is unique and patients have various reasons for wanting to improve their smiles. There are many options available, ranging from a simple whitening procedure to a full smile makeover. The very first step is to contact our office and schedule a cosmetic consultation to discuss your smile goals and the options available with Dr. Lorscheider.

Q: How do I help chronic sensitivity in my mouth?


A: For those who have general sensitivity, we offer a Fluoride Varnish that is highly concentrated in fluoride to prevent hypersensitivity. This is a topical fluoride that is applied to the surfaces of the teeth. Depending on your insurance, your plan may cover this service. If not, our office provides this service for $25.00.

Q: How do I know if my children are getting enough fluoride in their diet?


A: The city of Cedar Hills, nor its surrounding cities, does not have enough fluoride in their system for it to be a benefit for your children. In this case, Dr. Lorscheider can write a fluoride supplement prescription for your children to take each day. If you reside outside of the areas mentioned above, we recommend checking with your local city to see if they include fluoride in their water utility system.


Q: What should I do if I have a tooth ache?


A: Please call our office as soon as possible to schedule an appointment within the next 24 hours to prevent your case from worsening. We always try to provide extra time for last minute emergencies within our daily schedule. In an 'after hours' dental emergency, please call Dr. Lorscheider on his cell phone for immediate assistance. 


Q: What are sealants and why are they important?


A: A sealant is a white resin material that is applied in the grooves of the back teeth where decay most often occurs. We recommend placing sealants on all molars and premolars, especially just as these teeth are erupting. If proper oral hygiene is obtained, sealants will act as a barricade to cavities on the chewing surfaces of your back teeth.


Q: At what age should my child start seeing a dentist?


A: The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends your child coming in for a first check up when the first tooth erupts and no longer than his or her first birthday. At Lone Peak Dental, a child's first dental visit is special. It's a great opportunity to encourage life-long dental health. 

bottom of page